Garage Music Panama, The Brooklyn Digital Conservatory (New York, USA) , Dubspot International (New York, USA) and DJLAB (Costa Rica) are partnering up to offer a special 30 hour, 5 day course: Ableton Live Certified Intensive Training from March 20 – March 24, 2017 from 3:00PM – 9:00 PM. This course will be unique for several reasons:
- The course will be taught by an Ableton Certified Trainer.
- Students will receive a free copy of Ableton Live 9 Suite.
- Students will receive discounts on the Ableton PUSH.
- Enrolled students will receive a Certificate of Completion with the Brooklyn Digital Conservatory and BPM logos.
- Enrolled students will receive 20% off all Keith McMillen products. (With the exception of the K-Mix)
- Enrolled students will receive 20% off all Soundfly.com courses
- Students will receive credit at Garage Music Panama and will receive discounts if they wish to continue with classes there.
- Students will receive credit at DJLAB and will receive discounts if they continue the Ableton Live production program.
- Students will receive discounts if they choose to take classes at Dubspot, NYC
This 30 hour course will be taught in Spanish by Ableton Certified Trainer and Director of the Brooklyn Digital Conservatory Dan Freeman (CØm1x). Dan has been a senior instructor at Dubspot since 2011 and has given workshops on Ableton Live at festivals, universities and schools worldwide including at: SXSW (Austin, US), Harvard University (US), Berklee College of Music, The Strøm Festival (Denmark), IATEC (Brazil), AIMEC (Brazil) The Universidad de Caldas (Colombia), The International Museum and Library of Music (Bologna, Italy) The Universidad de Santiago (Chile) and at Sonar (Spain). He is also currently on the faculty of the New York University’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music where he designed the Ableton Live curriculum. An expert on the Ableton Push, he has launched both the Push 1 and Push 2 at events in New York City.
This course will meet daily from March 6 – 10, 2017 between 3 PM and 9:00 PM at Garage Music Panama (Calle 14c norte, Bethania, frente la farmacia metro, Ciudad de Panama) It will include a daily 1 hour break. It will be limited to 20 students.
The course will cover the following topics:
Part I: Building Beats
- How to construct beats with Ableton Live’s Drum Rack
- Building kicks with synths
- Techniques for writing great beats
- Mixing and sound designing beats
- Beat making with the Ableton PUSH 2
Part II: Building Bass Lines
- How to sound design a bass sound on an Analog synth using Ableton’s Analog and the Moog Minitaur
- How to write a good bass line
- Techniques for fattening up bass
- Recording and using electric bass
Part III: Pads, Stabs. Melody
- How to create dynamic and interesting pads and stabs using Ableton’s Operator, Analog and Instrument and Audio Effect Racks.
- Designing lead sounds using Ableton’s Sampler instrument and multisampling
- Utilizing external synths in your production
- Reverb and Delay techniques for space.
Part IV: Vocals
- Students will focus on techniques for recording and mixing vocals in Ableton Live 9.
- Students will learn about compression and EQ techniques for vocals
- Students will learn how to build a vocoder.
Part V: Mixing & Performance
- Students will learn how to mix a track in a laptop studio
- Students will learn how to set up and prepare a mix
- Proper mix effect chains
- Saturation, EQ, Compression and Delay
- Setting up mix reverbs and delays
- Mix bus effects.
- How to set up a live set in Ableton Live.
- Students will receive a basic mix template.
- Performance techniques with the Ableton PUSH 2 and Link.
To reserve a spot, please feel free to either pay in full or put down a deposit of $250.00. A DEPOSIT MUST BE PAID BY MARCH 16, 2017 TO RESERVE A SPOT IN THE COURSE. Full payment will be due on MARCH 19, 2016. Payment can be made by credit card or PayPal.
For more information, contact Garage Music Panama at: [email protected] or call 65466848 / 67585469. You can also contact the Brooklyn Digital Conservatory at: [email protected]
For more on the course, visit the Facebook event page
The Brooklyn Digital Conservatory is an independent company working in partnership with educational institutions and manufacturers. This course has not been authorized or sponsored or otherwise approved by Ableton AG.