[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
101 Training (Chile), The Brooklyn Digital Conservatory (NYC) and Dubspot International are partnering up again to offer a special 30 hour, 5 day course on Production and Performance with Ableton Live from July 18 – 22, 2016 from 12:00PM – 6:00 PM. This course will be unique for several reasons:
- Students will receive a free copy of Ableton Live 9 Suite.
- Students will receive discounts on the Ableton PUSH.
- Enrolled students will receive a Certificate of Completion with the Brooklyn Digital Conservatory and 101 Training Logo.
- Enrolled students will receive 20% off all Keith McMillen products. (With the exception of the K-Mix)
- Students will receive discounts at Dubspot, NYC
This 30 hour course will be taught in Spanish by Ableton Certified Trainer and Director of the Brooklyn Digital Conservatory Dan Freeman (CØm1x). Dan has been a senior instructor at Dubspot since 2011 and has given workshops on Ableton Live at festivals, universities and schools worldwide including at: SXSW (Austin, US), Harvard University (US), The Strøm Festival (Denmark), IATEC (Brazil), AIMEC (Brazil) The Universidad de Caldas (Colombia), The International Museum and Library of Music (Bologna, Italy) The Universidad de Santiago (Chile) and at Sonar (Spain). He is also currently on the faculty of the New York University’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music where he designed the Ableton Live curriculum. An expert on the Ableton Push, he has launched both the Push 1 and Push 2 at events in New York City.
This course will meet daily from July 18 – 22, 2016 between 12 PM and 6:00 PM at 101 Training (Turena 4702, Las Condes) Santiago, Chile. It will include a daily 1 hour break. It will be limited to 17 students.
The course will cover the following topics:
Part I: Building Beats
- How to construct beats with Ableton Live’s Drum Rack
- Building kicks with synths
- Techniques for writing great beats
- Mixing and sound designing beats
- Beat making with the Ableton PUSH 2
Part II: Building Bass Lines
- How to sound design a bass sound on an Analog synth using Ableton’s Analog and the Moog Minitaur
- How to write a good bass line
- Techniques for fattening up bass
- Recording and using electric bass
Part III: Pads, Stabs. Melody
- How to create dynamic and interesting pads and stabs using Ableton’s Operator, Analog and Instrument and Audio Effect Racks.
- Designing lead sounds using Ableton’s Sampler instrument and multisampling
- Utilizing external synths in your production
- Reverb and Delay techniques for space.
Part IV: Vocals
- Students will focus on techniques for recording and mixing vocals in Ableton Live 9.
- Students will learn about compression and EQ techniques for vocals
- Students will learn how to build a vocoder.
Part V: Mixing & Performance
- Students will learn how to mix a track in a laptop studio
- Students will learn how to set up and prepare a mix
- Proper mix effect chains
- Saturation, EQ, Compression and Delay
- Setting up mix reverbs and delays
- Mix bus effects.
- How to set up a live set in Ableton Live.
- Students will receive a basic mix template.
- Performance techniques with the Ableton PUSH 2 and Link.
To reserve a spot, please feel free to either pay in full or put down a deposit of $250.00. A DEPOSIT MUST BE PAID BY JULY 16, 2016 TO RESERVE A SPOT IN THE COURSE. Full payment will be due on July 17, 2016. Payment can be made by credit card or PayPal.
For more on the course, visit the Facebook event page
The Brooklyn Digital Conservatory is an independent company working in partnership with educational institutions and manufacturers. This course has not been authorized or sponsored or otherwise approved by Ableton AG.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]