DJ LAB (Costa Rica) and The Brooklyn Digital Conservatory (NYC) are partnering up again to offer a special 14 hour, 2 day course on Mixing with Ableton Live from Saturday, February 25 to Sunday, February 26th, 2017 from 2:00PM – 9:00 PM. This course will be unique for several reasons:.
- Students will receive discounts on the Ableton PUSH.
- Students will receive a free 30 minute Skype session with the instructor following the course.
- Enrolled students will receive a Certificate of Completion with the Brooklyn Digital Conservatory and DJ Labs logo.
- Enrolled students will receive 20% off all Keith McMillen products. (With the exception of the K-Mix)
- Students will receive discounts at Dubspot, NYC
- This course will be a continuation of the 30 hour Ableton Live course. Students who have taken the 30 hour Ableton Live course will receive a $100 discount.
This 12 hour course will be taught in Spanish by Ableton Certified Trainer and Director of the Brooklyn Digital Conservatory Dan Freeman (CØm1x). Dan has been a senior instructor at Dubspot since 2011 and has given workshops on Ableton Live at festivals, universities and schools worldwide including at: SXSW (Austin, US), Harvard University (US), Berklee College of Music, The Strøm Festival (Denmark), IATEC (Brazil), AIMEC (Brazil) The Universidad de Caldas (Colombia), The International Museum and Library of Music (Bologna, Italy) The Universidad de Santiago (Chile) and at Sonar (Spain). He is also currently on the faculty of the New York University’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music where he designed the Ableton Live curriculum. An expert on the Ableton Push, he has launched both the Push 1 and Push 2 at events in New York City.
This course will meet daily from February 25 – 26, 2017 between 2 PM and 9:00 PM at DJ LAB (Calle 33 Ave 1A #3350, Barrio Escalante) San José, Costa Rica. It will include a daily 1 hour break. It will be limited to 16 students.
The course will cover the following topics:
Part I: Mixing
- Setting Up A Mix
- Referencing and Proper Listening Environments
- Getting a big sound with saturation/distortion
- Understanding EQ
- Understanding compression
- Creating your own reverbs
- Creating your own delays
Part II: Production Critiques
- We will listen to student tracks and give in depth critiques on how to make them better
To reserve a spot, please feel free to either pay in full or put down a deposit of $175.00. A DEPOSIT MUST BE PAID BY FEBRUARY 15, 2017 TO RESERVE A SPOT IN THE COURSE. Full payment will be due on February 24, 2017. Payment can be made by credit card or PayPal.
For more on the course, visit the Facebook event page
The Brooklyn Digital Conservatory is an independent company working in partnership with educational institutions and manufacturers. This course has not been authorized or sponsored or otherwise approved by Ableton AG.