This 30 hour course was taught in Spanish by Ableton Certified Trainer and Director of Dubspot International and the Brooklyn Digital Conservatory Dan Freeman (CØm1x). It met daily from August 17 – August 21, 2015 between 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM at 101 Training for 30 hours.
The course covered the following topics:
Part I: Building Beats
- How to construct beats with Ableton Live’s Drum Rack
- Building kicks with synths
- Techniques for writing great beats
- Mixing and sound designing beats
- Beat making with the Ableton PUSH
Part II: Building Bass Lines
- How to sound design a bass sound on an Analog synth using Ableton’s Analog and the Moog Minitaur
- How to write a good bass line
- Techniques for fattening up bass
- Recording and using electric bass
Part III: Pads, Stabs. Melody
- How to create dynamic and interesting pads and stabs using Ableton’s Operator, Analog and Instrument and Audio Effect Racks.
- Designing lead sounds using Ableton’s Sampler instrument and multisampling
- Utilizing external synths in your production
- Reverb and Delay techniques for space.
Part IV: Vocals
- Students will focus on techniques for recording and mixing vocals in Ableton Live 9.
- Students will learn about compression and EQ techniques for vocals
- Students will learn how to build a vocoder.
Part V: Mixing & Performance
- Students will learn how to mix a track in a laptop studio
- Students will learn how to set up and prepare a mix
- Proper mix effect chains
- Saturation, EQ, Compression and Delay
- Setting up mix reverbs and delays
- Mix bus effects.
- How to set up a live set in Ableton Live.
- Students will receive a basic mix template.
- Performance techniques with the Ableton PUSH
For more on the course, visit the Facebook event page